The graphicart-news was founded in 2010 as a way to express my love for arts in general. I have a passion for poster design, type design, book cover design, art photography and all forms of art that can just spark me emotions. I can stay for hours in an art gallery, but how many galleries can one visit? So I thought to create my own online gallery to keep my passion alive, to inspire me and also my followers.
I carefully pick high quality designs, illustrations, and art, from all over the world with a main focus on young designers, photographers and illustrators but also well known professionals in the fields that will teach and provoke the younger ones with their work. The main purpose of the blog is to inspire but also promote the world’s best creative expressions, to gather a network of top creative minds to review, critique, and to help us stay informed of the new trends and ideas taking place in the global visual arts and graphic design arena.
The world has amazing visual artists, and as much as I wished to feature them all, my time is so much limited. So, I have scheduled to give you 5 articles per week but sometimes even that is not possible. Please accept my apologies if I don’t always live up to my goals. Nevertheless, I am grateful that the graphicart-news has gained the love and respect of the International design community, with readers visiting from hundreds of countries, a community that grows every day. THANK YOU!
You can subscribe by RSS or to our newsletter
Do you wish to be featured?
If you have any suggestion or would like to be featured, please contact us and write your link and request.
Founder + Editor:
Who is Maria Papaefstathiou?
Maria Papaefstathiou is a graphic designer, illustrator and blogger from Athens, Greece. She has been focusing her research on poster design and particular on social poster design and portrait design. Her most recent poster project is a series of posters celebrating great personalities of Greek traditional and popular culture. These include actors, singers, musicians, poets etc. This is an ongoing project. “I believe that design is a powerful tool that we designers can use to spark enthusiasm, change mind sets and bring positive actions to our world and our culture”.
She is also the Co-founder of the International Reggae Poster Contest which was launched on December 2011, partnering, the creative activist Michael Thompson aka Freestylee.
Maria is the founder and editor of graphicart-news.com blog. She carefully curates high quality designs, illustrations, and art, from all over the world that will teach and provoke other designers. Many consider her blog to be an exceptional educational tool.
She was awarded and invited to participate in International exhibitions, showcasing her posters in group exhibitions such as: Belgium, South Korea, Jamaica, Greece, Turkey, Cape Town, Poland, China, USA etc.
– South Korea, “Posters for Japan” exhibition curated by Green+You, 2012
– Jamaica, Athens and Thessaloniki Greece, Mexico, Washington, Spain, Cuba “World A Reggae” and “The Art of Reggae” exhibitions by the International Reggae Poster Contest, 2012-2015
– Turkey, “Innovation for Education” exhibition, 2013
– Cape Town and Johannesburg and other international cities, “Nelson Poster Project”, 2014-2015
– Poland, 10th International Festival “Jazz w Ruinach”, 2014.
– Greece, poster exhibition “ε/Design your Expression”, by Toolkit Startup 2, 2015
– Greece, poster exhibition “W|Design for life”, breast cancer awareness, by Toolkit Startup 2, 2015
– China, 1st international poster festival of Shenzhen exhibition, by Li Xu, 2015
– USA, “Right to Decide” exhibition, AEIVA Gallery, by Posters Without borders, 2015
– Belgium, “Boobs Art” exhibition at Seed Factory, 2017
Other social themes Maria designed for are, hunger, water crisis, ecology, consumerism, Greece crisis, but also reggae, reggae, reggae… and more will come…
If you wish to visit Maria’s portfolio: